Thank you for supporting Highlands Surgery to improve it’s service to the local community. We appreciate all of your comments, concerns and improvements to help us continue providing high quality care.
Please find below your frequently asked questions.
How can I book an appointment?
Telephone – 01702 710131
Online – To set up an online account collect a form from reception or apply on our website – https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/2/Login?Date=20190725125110
How does your appointment system work?
We use a technique called Active Signposting. This allows us to get you the help you require quickly.
Our GPs and Managers have personally trained our front of house Reception team who will signpost your call. To assist us in your call you may be asked to disclose personal information to allow us to decide the best way to deal with your concern quickly.
Providing us with this information allows us to determine the appropriate pathway to follow for your individual concern. This could be;
- Advice from the GP relayed through our experienced Reception team;
- A telephone call back from the GP;
- An appointment with a Practice Nurse/MSK/Advanced Nurse Practitioner/ANP; there is always a Doctor available for the health professional to contact if they are concerned about the problem;
- An appointment with a GP.
What types of appointments are available?
Routine Non-Urgent appointments
- Routine pre-bookable appointments are available online
- All appointments are strictly for one Patient.
On the day appointments
- Call the surgery at 8am for morning appointments or 1.30pm for afternoon appointments.
- Our Reception team will triage your call to decide the best way to deal with your concern quickly.
- If an emergency appointment is required you will be offered an appointment during or after morning surgery.
- This appointment may not be with your preferred practitioner but the next available or duty doctor.
Our telephone lines open at 8am and close at 6.30pm Mon – Fri.
Please note, coming into the surgery at 8am and 1.30pm to get an appointment does not hold priority over the telephone lines. There is no priority in the distribution of appointments. The appointments are all released and used at the same time via walk-ins and over the phone.
How else can I access the Surgery?
In an attempt to improve access for non-urgent queries we have made our email accessible for all Patients where we endeavour to respond within 48 hours.
Reception team; [email protected]
Prescription clerk; [email protected]
MSK – Musculoskeletal Specialist
ANP – Advanced Nurse Practitioner
ECP – Emergency Care Practitioner
AUA – Avoiding Unplanned Admissions
PNC – Post Natal Check
COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
DN – District Nurses
DNA – Did Not Attend
SOB – Short Of Breath
UTI – Urinary Tract Infection
IMMS – Immunisations
ABX – Antibiotics
BP – Blood Pressure
DM – Diabetes Monitoring
BT – Blood Test
PX – Prescription
How do I raise further concerns?
If you have further concerns please either give our Reception Team a call to discuss or submit them in writing to the Practice Manager or email [email protected] and we will endeavour to update these frequently asked questions as soon as we can.