Follow the link for the latest information https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please follow the link below for information on the Coronavirus vaccine.
For information on the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine please click this link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/976880/PHE_COVID-19_AZ_vaccination_guide.pdf
COVID vaccination certification
We are unable to issue this certificate at the practice. Please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad for further information.
Proof of your vaccination status will be available on the NHSapp, which is also valuable for accessing your health records and ordering repeat prescriptions. The NHSapp can be downloaded from https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nhs-app/id1388411277 for iPhone or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhs.online.nhsonline for android.
Alternatively you can call the NHS helpline on 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine, the letter may to take up to 5 days to reach you. Or, do it online using this link:
According to the NHS and the WHO, symptoms of the Coronavirus usually include:
- High temperature
- Cough and/or sore throat
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
These symptoms are similar to other respiratory diseases including the common cold, itself a type of coronavirus.
Use the NHS 111 online https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after seven days
- Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
- Southend Borough Council Coronavirus Support Line https://www.highlandsurgery.co.uk/files/2020/03/SBC-Coronavirus-Flyer.pdf
- Coronavirus resource for children https://www.highlandsurgery.co.uk/files/2020/03/Childrens-guide-to-coronavirus.pdf
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID. http://safelives.org.uk/news-views/domesticabuse-and-covid-19
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus. https://youngminds.org.uk
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
- Childline 0800 1111: Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’. www.mind.org.uk
www.germdefence.org/index.html?src=F81112 – Germ Defence survey